Monday, December 29, 2008

Varicella Zoster: Day 2

Can't accurately say if it's the second day of my Chicken pox really. But for counting's sake, I'll start with i=2. i=0 when I felt the fever and flu-like symptoms and i=1 when I noticed the first sign of chicken pox (a spot on my finger).


It's not so unexpected though. Three of my students had the disease before we went for the Christmas break.

So right now, with so much things to do for my teaching and study load, plus my task as cluster system administrator which I have so much to do (lagot ako kay Doc Raffy...), I am lying in my brother's room (aka make-shift quarantine area) and doing a little internet browsing which I can't do for very long (except for posting this entry).

Here are some photos of my current situation which I plan to document everyday. (At least for the spots and blisters)

I wear a face mask everytime I go out of the "quarantine area".


Even my siblings wear face masks.

Check out the quarantine area... Believe me, it's worse when my brother is using it (except for the food tray maybe).

And finally, the spots and blisters (the highlight of this post).

Face

Front Torso (pardon the "parang natatae" stance, I was squatting in this photo to level with the camera)

Back Torso

For those of you wishing to see butt or even genital exposure, i'm sorry. Send me a PM, maybe I can send one to you through e-mail.

Btw, as of the moment, this illness has already cost me:

1. Doctor's consultation fee: 250
2. Medicines: 1000
- Isoprinosine (28 tablets, 22.25 per tablet)
- Cetirizine (14 tablets, 23.85 per tablet)
3. Transpo fee for Carlo because he had to deliver something for me: (1000 - 300): 700. The 300 pesos was if I made the delivery myself. haha.

Finally, I wish I could photoshop the marks on my skin after it's over.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dapat sa akin ka na lang nag-utos. gas lang katapat. 650 =D

Anonymous said...

Awww. Get well soon Rod!