Friday, July 4, 2008

the velvet robe: photos!!!

I drooled!!! Not because of the women that walked on the runway but because of the Canon 24-70 f2.8L lens of my former office mate and his 580EX flash. I wish I had money to buy those equipment. My lens couldn't focus well amidst the darkness when I took this photo, so please pardon me. :)


The event was a lot of fun. But before I show you some of the photos, let me describe my first time photographing a fashion show.

It was very difficult to get a good angle. During the first part, I was on the back of someone using a flash. His flash showed up in most of my photos. But luckily, when the models had their break during an intermission, the photographers also took their breaks, leaving their current positions. Cunning as I am, I positioned myself in the center while the intermission was still ongoing and never moved. So when the show resumed, I had a better position than what I had previously.

I need a faster lens. The lens that I used during the event was my Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6 DG APO lens. And its focusing sucks in low light situations. If you would look closely into the pictures, most of them are slightly out of focus since the models are walking fast towards me and the focusing mechanism of my lens couldn't catch up. But it's a great thing that I brought my flash along, so I was able to get correct exposure on some photos.

Well, that's about it. I know a lot of people won't be reading the paragraphs. hehe. Just wanted to take a note of my first fashion show experience. I hope there is more to come. I didn't have the time to correct the exposures or crop them.





































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

roddolicious mas sexy pa ako sa iba ah! ahahaha! galing-galing..pwede ka na Sir Rod :)

Anonymous said...

boss rod, parang medyo sunog ata ung ibang photos. sunog meaning over-exed

Unknown said...

hehe. oo nga eh... pero alam mo naman ako, pumunta lang ako para magpicture hindi para sa chicks. haha

Unknown said...

Oo nga eh. Yung spotlight kasi. kapag natapatan nasusunog yung mga kuha ko. halos lahat sa simula yata sunog. hehe. kailangan pa ng maraming practice.