Wednesday, June 25, 2008

century tuna

It's been a while since I had a Century tuna meal. Back when I was still studying in college, this was my staple ulam. It's relatively cheap, easy to prepare and for me, tastes good with onions. I even have a recipe wherein I put all-purpose cream in Century tuna vegetable oil.

Probably, the fact that I had sufficient income in my working years allowed me to go for more convenient (and more expensive) meals from different restaurant and fast-food chains in Katipunan. And so I forgot about the tuna. But now that I am back in school and living with a tight budget, I am realizing that dining at Ken Afford, Reyes Barbecue, Box O' Rice is a little bit lavish. With this realization, I am convincing myself that there are cheaper alternatives such as the tuna (although the girlfriend said when I was still eating tuna on a daily basis that tuna has high levels of mercury, and mercury can't be good for our health). But I beg to differ. Look at the hot bodies of Century tuna models. hehehe.

Anyways, I just ate a double-rice century tuna with half onion meal. And I am satisfied.

No comments: