Monday, June 9, 2008

my new work area

The last couple of weeks was full of uncertainty: financially and career wise. I really thought that my long-thought-of plan of shifting from the industry to the academe will not take place. Not that shifting to the academe will make me financially stable, but at least the salary I was expecting would be enough for daily survival. And so, I already started looking into the prospect of getting back to real work (work for me is something you do to receive compensation, usually as high as possible with the workload and rules that you can tolerate. hehe) or going abroad to countries like Singapore where the demand for IT workers is high. But luckily, it did take place. Right when I was already breaking the news to my mother that I'll be unemployed for a few months, my previous teacher in Ateneo told me that they will avail of my services this semester.

So now, I am very happy that I'll still be able to use the "executive chair" that I bought for my birthday. Since we are allowed not to stay in the faculty area during weekdays, I am planning on working where I am most comfortable-- at my "pad." Here are photos of my new chair and my new work space at home (the whole purpose of this post is actually to show of my new chair. I did not bother arranging the scene as I am still in the process of creating a syllabus. hehe):

No comments: