Saturday, June 7, 2008

for the 4th time

It seems that I am already used to losing things. Yesterday morning, I lost yet another cellphone (4th now) and I don't feel depressed at all. Maybe this can be attributed to the fact that I've lost a lot of things already including 1 laptop, 1 ipod nano, 3 cellphones, 1 wallet(?), several umbrellas and a number of ballpens. This count excludes the instances when the lost items were returned (1 cellphone + 1 wallet) by good-willed people.

This afternoon, I was planning on getting a replacement but the model I decided I was going to buy was out of stock. Initially, I was only planning to buy the cheapest possible model (so I won't be depressed if I ever lose them again) but an advertisement in MRT caught my attention. It's the Motorola W230. It is relatively cheap (PhP 2,33o), it can call, text, has an MP3 player and an expandable memory. It also has no camera (but this is not an applicable advantage anymore because I no longer work in an environment where camera phones are not allowed). Should I be able to find a stock of this model, this will be my fifth cellphone and the most high-end one.
The previous cellphones I owned and lost were:

1. Nokia 3310 - First ever phone to feature long messages and Space Impact. I lost it in a mid-day hold-up robbery.

2. Nokia 3530 - This phone had GPRS which was my main reason when I asked my mother to buy it for me. GPRS was still free back then. I first lost it in a tricylce on our graduation date in Ateneo but was returned by the driver. I lost it again, but I could not remember how.
3. Nokia 5210 - Hand-me-down from my father.

4. Nokia 1600 - I originally owned the Nokia 6020. I had to trade it for this model with my mom because we were not allowed to bring camera phones in my previous work. I lost this phone yesterday morning.

Whatever model I'd have to add to this list, I hope it would last for at least 6 months. hehe...

No comments: